Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dutch Apple Oatmeal Muffins

I have felt deprived lately.  I haven't had a chance to make muffins for breakfast in a couple of weeks and we were missing each other.  Today when I bit into these babies...heaven.  This is a pampered chef recipe and frankly every recipe I try from them is wonderful.  Chunks of apple, swirls of cinnamon and nutmeg, chewy streusel topping...well, it was a good morning here today.

1 1/2 C. Flour
1 C. Quick Oats
3/4 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1 T. Baking Powder
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 C. Chopped Apple (I did 1 1/2 gala apples)
1 C. Milk
1/4 C. Butter, melted
1 Egg

Heat oven to 425 degrees.  Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with paper liners. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder together and mix until well combined.  Add milk, butter, and egg and mix.  Add apple and fold in with a spatula.  Distribute batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.  Mix together ingredients for streusel topping, it will be crumbly and stick together because of the melted butter.  Put about a teaspoon full of topping on each muffin before baking.  Bake for 15-18 minutes.  These muffins are great warm or cold with a little bit of butter spread on them.  Mmmm...

Streusel Topping
1/4 C. Flour
1/4 C. Oats
1/4 C. Brown Sugar
3 T. Butter, melted

4 comments:

DJ, Liesl and Logan said...

I'm so excited to try these and the cake!!! I just looked in the fridge and I have just enough apples! yay!

DJ, Liesl and Logan said...

So good! These really are heaven!

Andrea said...

Liesl- I am so glad you liked these. Thanks for posting a comment when you try something, it really makes my day to see that someone is using these recipes and enjoying them.

DJ, Liesl and Logan said...

hey Andrea, I am just so excited to have recipies that are tried and true! so thank YOU!