Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Salsa Chicken

I have been MIA for a while but I have been trying some new things that I want to post...eventually.  Here is an easy recipe I got from a church recipe exchange last week.  My family loved it and I loved that it was quick and I didn't have to go to the store in order to whip this up.  It's a tasty 20 minute meal that I know you'll love.

2 T. Olive Oil
3 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 C. Salsa
Taco Seasoning to taste (maybe 1 1/2 T. or so)
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1 1/2 C. Grated Cheese (I used a colby blend)
3-4 C. Cooked Rice depending on your family size

Heat oil in a skillet and add chicken and taco seasoning.  Saute until chicken is completely cooked.  Add salsa and cook on medium low heat for 3-5 minutes to allow excess moisture to evaporate.  Stir in sour cream.  Spread rice into a 9x13 pan and pour chicken mixture over top.  Sprinkle cheese over chicken and cover pan with a piece of tin foil to melt cheese.  You can also stick under the broiler in your oven if you prefer.  Add a vegetable and your dinner is done!

4 comments:

christin said...

I love easy meals. I will try this next week and let you know what I think.

christin said...

I made this tonight and I really liked it. The sour cream really makes this dish great! I will be making this again and again.

christin said...

One more thing... I only did 3 cups of rice and 2 chicken breasts. I think it would have been even better if I would have double the sauce, but I felt like there was plenty of chicken. I will try it that was next time.

Barb said...

Okay, I tried this and I loved it. I think beside how great it tasted, it was sooooooo fast and easy to prepare. Dad liked it too.
YAY!!!! Another recipe to add to my favorites. Thanks Drea :-)