Monday, May 24, 2010

BBQ chicken pizza and pizza crust

Shhhhh... This is a big secret. This is the easiest pizza I have ever made and it got a 5 star rating from everyone who ate it. All three of my boys like it and they want it for breakfast tomorrow. I did the crust in the bread machine and I loved how easy it was to work into the shape I needed. This is a total crowd pleaser! I will make it again and again.


Pizza Crust

7/8 cup warm water
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons white sugar
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Place ingredients into bread machine in this order and select dough. When finished remove and roll out on floured surface into desired shape.


BBQ Chicken Pizza

1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1 chicken breast grilled and diced
1/2 bell pepper sliced (any color)
1/2 red onion sliced
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese

Spread BBQ sauce over pizza dough. Sprinkle with some of the cheese. Add all of your toppings and then the rest of the cheese. Bake @ 400 for 15 minutes!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

hmmm...I'm intrigued. Do you think I can leave out the bell pepper?

christin said...

Yes of course you can. I made two pizzas. On the other one I just put chicken for the kids. It was great.

Andrea said...

Tried it and loved it. Scott is your adoring fan for getting me to try something with peppers and onions. I am going to try the philly steak sandwiches next!